American History textbooks more like
Chapter 1: Introduction to White People
Chapter 2: White Settlers and The Indian Savages
Chapter 3: Whitey Makes A Country
Chapter 4: The Blacks
Chapter 5: Wars, Wars, Wars
Chapter 6: No More Racism!: Martin Luther King Jr. Gives a Speech
Chapter 7: The Modern Whites
el oh el
This is the line that has gotten me through life.
yes hello this is your pilot speaking and by pilot i mean i read a wikihow on flying a plane once so i guess ill just have to WING it haha just a little pilot humor okie dokie nothing to worry about folks im sure i can figure this out
OPINIONS CAN BE RACIST
OPINIONS CAN BE SEXIST
OPINIONS CAN BE HOMOPHOBIC
stop using “it’s just my opinion” to justify your bigotry.
XKCD 1357: Free Speech
ALT TEXT: I can’t remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you’re saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it’s not literally illegal to express.
remember like 2 years ago when christmas stopped feeling like christmas for some reason
This post creeps me out because it is absolutely true
WHAT HAPPENED TO CHRISTMAS
the afterlife isnt all its hyped up to be
According to the animators for Flynn, he’s meant to be 26 years old, thus making him 8 years older than Rapunzel, who is 18 in the film - the largest age gap between any other Disney couple.
Kida’s 8,800-ish with Milo’s 32, that’s… an 8,768 year age gap?
Can we just appreciate that Milo’s reaction is basically how tumblr girls feel about the men they stalk?
I am crying I love this too much
The nudes and the cereal had me *dead*
people are so eager to go to college bc they’re so tired of people telling them what to do
sure why not!!!
- first of all don’t buy books through your schools bookstore unless it’s absolutely necessary!!!! chegg, alibris, or even amazon are some nice places where you can buy/rent textbooks for much cheaper. also here’s a post that has links to various places where you can possibly find online versions of textbooks
- exercise!!! even if it’s just a walk around campus or some crunches or push ups in your dorm. you’re gonna be eating a lot of unhealthy food (at least at my school we just have a food court with a bunch of fast food restaurants) so if you don’t exercise you’re definitely gonna gain the dreaded freshman 15
- show up to class early, at least for the first few weeks. maybe like 10-15 minutes early. your professors will take notice that you’re early and ready to learn and they’ll be impressed
- don’t skip class!!! i know there’s a lot more freedom in college than there is in high school and it makes it soooo easy to just skip class. the temptation is always there but trust me it pays off to just go to class. some of my classes last year offered extra credit in class and only people who showed up could get it. obviously it’s okay to skip class every once in a while if you need to but don’t make it a habit!
- give yourself ‘you’ time. maybe every sunday night get some snacks and watch a movie or just do something relaxing!!! college can get really really stressful at times so every once in a whole you gotta just take a little time to unwind
- make lots of friends, drink, party, have a good ass time, but don’t lose sight of why you’re at college in the first place which is to get an education. so have as much fun as you want just don’t let the fun take priority over your school work